Monday, July 31, 2006
25 For Sweet Janae
Today is my sweet daughter-in-law, Janae's 25th birthday. She's let me know she starts her day with reading my blog! Quite the compliment I think. In honor of her birthday, and the fact that she's a faithful reader, I thought I'd list 25 wonderful, fun, interesting things about her. By the time she's 50, closer to my age, I'll be 75 and if I judge from my mom's activity level, I might still be blogging then. So I can come back with 50 in 2031. For now - in no order whatsoever - 25 things I absolutely love about Janae:

#1 I only get to have one DIL, and she's so wonderful, that's fine with me.
#2 She is 5'11. I love that I don't feel like an Amazon woman around her. (I'm 5'10.)
#3 She has big, beautiful brown eyes.
#4 She loves, loves beauty products, and is the 'queen' in that regard. If you want to know about beauty, fashion, trends, give her a call. She knows.
#5 She sends me fun, trendy gifts, sometimes for birthdays, sometimes just because. The fact that I'm 51 and wouldn't know cool if it bit me, it's nice she does and keeps me appropriately accessorized. I appreciate we both agree I'm beyond a toe ring.
#6 She has just enough fears to make my son feel all big and strong and protective.
#7 She isn't the least bit afraid of snakes, rodents, frogs, lizards, etc. This completely baffles me, and her sister-in-laws, Sarah and Leslie - esp. in light of #6.
#8 She can drive like nobody's business and knows her way to anywhere in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex. If you're in Dallas and lost, call her. She can get you there.
#9 She hates germs, more than the average girl. Watching her open a bathroom door with her elbows is amazing.
#10 In light of #9, she's amazingly not a neatnik. That's good. If I had to clean house for her to come visit, I'd dread it. I don't and I don't.
#11 She isn't a dog person, has never had a dog that I know of, but tells my son he can have a dog, someday. A small dog. A non-drooling dog. But a dog.
#12 She knows her Bible. She was well-school in Scripture from early on. And it shows.
#13 She loves hymns and U2 - I love the contradiction of that. If I were to start singing any old hymn and couldn't remember the 2nd verse, she likely could.
#14 She loves sushi and doesn't mind that I think its horrifying.
#15 She thinks her husband - my only son - is handsome as heck. Mothers love that.
#16 She has the most teachable spirit. When life is hard, she's willing and able to see the lessons God has for her.
#17 When I've intruded (ahem . . . only a couple of times...) she accepted it with grace. I'm still new at having a DIL and need grace; appreciate grace.
#18 She shares her brother and sisters and mom with our family. When we're together it truly is like a big, happy family. Any of them could come stay with us and we'd love it. They would too.
#19 She cries, easily. And often. I love that she has a very tender heart.
#20 She calls me Beverly. Only a few people do that; I never introduce myself that way, but for some reason a few people call me that. I like it in her. It sounds nice with a Texas drawl.
#21 She phones me now and then just to talk. Like a daughter would. I'm so thankful for that.
#22 She doesn't phone me to complain about my son. I'm thankful for that too.
#23 She is fiercely loyal to her own family. She's the big sister, don't ya' know!
#24 She loves and respects her grandfather and grandmother, and they know it.
#25 She does the name "Mrs. Gibson" proud.

I honestly thought this would take me a bit to think on and they rolled right out, within a very few minutes. She is a gift - to my son, to our family. Happy, Happy Birthday, Janae. Hope it's great the whole live long day.
Love you, Beverly

  posted at 12:01 AM
 





Subscribe in a reader
Past Chats
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008

  • Filed Away Neatly
    Busy Buzz
    Creative License
    Dusty Stuff
    Family Affair
    Girl Talk
    Glimpse of the Heart
    Photo Album
    Silliness
    Slavin' Over the Stove
    The Price is Right

    Search This Blog


    Miscellaneous

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

    About Me


    Name:
    Girl Raised in the South

    I have a deep, abiding love for full octane coffee, sewing, knitting, quilting, reading, cooking, gardening, God and my family - not in that order.

    My Complete Profile

    Family is Everything
  • A Chelsea Morning - Barb
  • And Baby Makes Three - Leslie
  • Creative Worship - Chris
  • Flight Song - Mom
  • In The Midst of It - Sarah
  • At A glance - Krissy
  • In A Moment - Mandy

  • Recent Comments

    Fruit of the Spirit

    Family Friendly


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Powered By Blogger

    Meter by: