Wednesday, November 15, 2006
My Weird Sister.....
Well, when Renee at Aspen Trail tagged my sister, Barb and I to do this meme, we thought - WAR! Instead of posting on ourselves, let's post on each other. She and I are alike in some ways, and very, very different in others. I can much more quickly think of 9 ways SHE'S weird, than me. Since I know she's going to tell you that I type with my toes (true) it's open season and anything's up for grabs:

So nine things that make my sister certifiably weird:

#1 She loves to cook and bake, does both all the time, and is skinnier than me. Except for Sandra at Diary of a SAHM, most great cooks look more like Paula Deene.

#2 She steam cleans her carpet at least once a month. I think that's just strange. Since dirt isn't really allowed to enter her home, I don't really get what she thinks she's cleaning.

#3 She always, always appears to be calm; I know her well enough to see steam between her ears, but you likely wouldn't. The more upset she gets, the more calm.... When I'm not calm, God and everybody knows it.

#4 She really never, ever hurries. She moves at a constant speed which is normal. Yet she somehow gets more done than most people. May be a little "Bewitched" going on. I'm going to have to watch for a twitching nose.

#5 She used to drive me nuts, years and years ago when we'd fall asleep in our double bed. We had a footboard and she'd whack her feet up against it in rhythm, while she was singing whatever songs were popular at the time. Since I'm MUCH younger than her, I can't recall the titles. Weird part is I never, ever hear her sing now.

#6 You truly could eat off her bathroom floor. Really. Seriously.

#7 She loves the ocean, obvious from her template. She loves, loves it. She cannot swim a stroke. I swim well and don't particularly like the ocean and never go past calf deep.

#8 She never once spanked her two daughters. The only spanking one of them got was from me. Nobody told me the no spanking rule. I still hear about it.

#9 Driving - okay, let me tell you about her and driving. We used to work at the same place, and actually lived at the same place then also. We were grown, I was pregnant with Sarah. She does not like to drive, never did. We carpooled. I drove one day, she drove the next. When she drove, to calm her driving issues, the windows had to be up. There was no air conditioning in her car. Denver gets hot in the summer. Believe it or not, my beatiful spotlessly clean always sister to have somewhat odorific feet. She could not stand to drive with her shoes on. We drove to and from work with the windows rolled up, no air conditioning, and her barefoot.

What can I say - we're sisters. I love her. Odorific feet and all.

  posted at 7:00 AM
 





Subscribe in a reader
Past Chats
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008

  • Filed Away Neatly
    Busy Buzz
    Creative License
    Dusty Stuff
    Family Affair
    Girl Talk
    Glimpse of the Heart
    Photo Album
    Silliness
    Slavin' Over the Stove
    The Price is Right

    Search This Blog


    Miscellaneous

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

    About Me


    Name:
    Girl Raised in the South

    I have a deep, abiding love for full octane coffee, sewing, knitting, quilting, reading, cooking, gardening, God and my family - not in that order.

    My Complete Profile

    Family is Everything
  • A Chelsea Morning - Barb
  • And Baby Makes Three - Leslie
  • Creative Worship - Chris
  • Flight Song - Mom
  • In The Midst of It - Sarah
  • At A glance - Krissy
  • In A Moment - Mandy

  • Recent Comments

    Fruit of the Spirit

    Family Friendly


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Powered By Blogger

    Meter by: