Tuesday, May 15, 2007
My Oh My, A Meme....
I'm not even going to try to tell you who tagged me for what, my sister Barb explained how complicated that was. There are several going around, asking for various numbers of random or secret or odd facts about good ole me. I'm pretty forthright, like Barb is, so it's going to take some head scratching. The fact of the matter is, I'm weary of seeing my bashed up car every time I open this blog, so if nothing else, it'll push the sad photos down the page a bit.

Here goes:

#1 I was pigeon-toed growing up, and had to wear horrible saddle oxfords to school, with bobby socks. Trust me, I was way too skinny and funny looking to carry it off well. If I also happened to let my sister trim my bangs, it made me look like a sad poster child.

#2 I answered an altar call when I was 11 years old. Thought that did it. I'm glad I didn't die since I'm still not sure, but there definitely was no fruit showing on the tree of my life. When I was 25, I got introduced to the whole concept of lordship over my life, and it's been quite the ride since then. I'm certainly not sinless now, but I'm sure I'm saved.

#3 We didn't have a lot of toys when we were growing up, so each was very special. I got a Barbie when I was in 3rd grade, she had black bobbed hair, and white pearl earrings, and it was the most exciting gift of my childhood. My mother replaced her on my 50th birthday. I'll have this one when I'm 99.

#4 I hit someone's car in a grocery parking lot when I first started driving. I don't think, looking back, that it dented it that much, but I still feel terrible that I left. Sixteen year old drivers aren't very brave, or at least I wasn't. Paying the fine would have caused less pain than feeling guilty all this time.

#5 Growing up, I never gave a thought to someday getting married and having children. Yet I married at 19, and had my first child just shy of 21. Our third was born when I was 28. I cannot imagine doing anything more fulfilling than being a wife and mother and grandmother.

#6 I'm not moody, ever. If I'm unhappy I can tell you why, and most of the time I'm just happy. I think that may come with being a middle child.

#7 I burn bread almost every single time I make it in any form, leave the oven on after I use it, and my husband knows this. He's used to scraping off the black parts on his garlic toast, and checks the oven for me every night. If I'm ever on my own, I need to only be allowed to use a microwave, or I might burn the house down.

So there you have it - if you want to jump into this meme, or these memes, pick your number, and post away. Tag if you'd like. I'm skipping that part since it's just too complicated for me.

Labels:


  posted at 1:58 PM
 





Subscribe in a reader
Past Chats
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008

  • Filed Away Neatly
    Busy Buzz
    Creative License
    Dusty Stuff
    Family Affair
    Girl Talk
    Glimpse of the Heart
    Photo Album
    Silliness
    Slavin' Over the Stove
    The Price is Right

    Search This Blog


    Miscellaneous

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

    About Me


    Name:
    Girl Raised in the South

    I have a deep, abiding love for full octane coffee, sewing, knitting, quilting, reading, cooking, gardening, God and my family - not in that order.

    My Complete Profile

    Family is Everything
  • A Chelsea Morning - Barb
  • And Baby Makes Three - Leslie
  • Creative Worship - Chris
  • Flight Song - Mom
  • In The Midst of It - Sarah
  • At A glance - Krissy
  • In A Moment - Mandy

  • Recent Comments

    Fruit of the Spirit

    Family Friendly


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Powered By Blogger

    Meter by: