Sunday, June 24, 2007
Holy Moly!
Mom and I are back home, at her apartment. We made the trip out for the wedding, and lived to tell about it. I'll come back here, after I get home to Pennsylvania and share the fun/sweet/crazy photos I took, but for now just a few quick things.

Mom and I sang to Bruce Springsteen - Hungry Hearts - in the car, on the way there. Such fun I can't even describe it. There's nothing that bonds quite like two bad voices joined, traveling down the highway. We never got terribly lost, and found we make good travel partners. We spent part of the drive back planning out our next roadtrip.

I never cursed, the entire trip.

We probably both gained a bit of weight.

It was worth it.

The wedding was completely fun, beautiful, and I cried more times than I can tell you - all the good tears.

I danced with my sister, my mom and her best friend, Peggy. We looked ridiculous and had a blast. I had one glass of champagne and one glass of wine at the wedding. Some people, who will remain unnamed, had a bit more. Some needed more.

My sister and my mother both wore beige, and they both looked beautiful. I looked okay too.

A frog hopped in the grass, right in front of me, during the ceremony, and I literally prayed to God it would not touch me during the wedding vows. If I'd screamed as Mandy and Aaron promised their lives forever, my sister likely would never have forgiven me. If it touched me, I would have screamed.

Coming home, Mom and I stopped in Vail to have ice cream. We never found frozen anything, but had a blast anyway, watching kids splashing in the fountains. We stopped in Georgetown for ice cream, got stuck in the mother of all traffic jams coming home, and still I didn't curse. We were stuck so long it eventually was funny. Sort of.

Tonight we're having mexican food and margaritas at my all-time favorite mexican restaurant, in my old home town, with Mom and two of my sweet brothers. I can't wait, truly. Then Mom and I are coming home, putting on pjs and I have full intentions of whipping her soundly in Scrabble. We'll stay up too late, sleep in, and then fill our last day, tomorrow with everything we can.

So no photos yet, just a brief rundown of where we've been and what we've been up to. If there are any of you out there, able to do so, I highly recommend grabbing your sweet mother, throwing a suitcase in the car, and taking off on a roadtrip sometime soon. You'll be glad you did.

I'm soaking it up - storing it down deep. xoxoxo

PS - Definitely photos of Barb letting it all hang loose, soon as I get home. It was a Kodak moment!

Labels:


  posted at 9:14 PM
 





Subscribe in a reader
Past Chats
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008

  • Filed Away Neatly
    Busy Buzz
    Creative License
    Dusty Stuff
    Family Affair
    Girl Talk
    Glimpse of the Heart
    Photo Album
    Silliness
    Slavin' Over the Stove
    The Price is Right

    Search This Blog


    Miscellaneous

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

    About Me


    Name:
    Girl Raised in the South

    I have a deep, abiding love for full octane coffee, sewing, knitting, quilting, reading, cooking, gardening, God and my family - not in that order.

    My Complete Profile

    Family is Everything
  • A Chelsea Morning - Barb
  • And Baby Makes Three - Leslie
  • Creative Worship - Chris
  • Flight Song - Mom
  • In The Midst of It - Sarah
  • At A glance - Krissy
  • In A Moment - Mandy

  • Recent Comments

    Fruit of the Spirit

    Family Friendly


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Powered By Blogger

    Meter by: