Friday, June 29, 2007
Roll out the Red Carpet
Awards are being given in Blogland, and somehow I am the recipient of T.W.O. It was a surprise, an honor, a pleasure to come home and find out three people gave me two awards. Knock me over with a wet noodle. Diane at Diane's Place honored me with the Reflection Award. She and I go back a long ways, as far as blogging goes, that being the beginning. I know genuine when I see it, and that she is. My sister Barb gave me the same award, and being the little sister, it's an honor to be given something like that by my 'big sister'. Heck, I used to be happy if she'd just let me move out of the closet and sleep in the bed.

Then Clemntine at What's Up Buttercup gave me the "Rockin' Girl Blogger" award. I am so NOT cool that it amazes me anyone would ever refer to me as "Rockin', although if you dig a bit deeper I think you'll see she gave it to me for being a goof. Still, I'll grab it and run.

I never seem to get these quite right, giving credits, doing links, etc. so I'll give it my best shot. I'm supposed to come up with five bloggers for the Reflection Award, and since it doesn't matter if they've already received it, here goes - Who Inspires Me?


#1 - Dianne, at Unfinished Work. She and I got to MIRL, then volunteer together at our church. The time we've spent together has been a blessing to me. She makes me want to think deeper, longer, and talk less. Her blog doesn't take comments, but if you want to be filled to the brim with food for thought, run over and read what this woman with a writer's heart has to say.

#2 - Erin, at Embracing My Cup. The last time I saw Erin she was wearing a Bridemaid's dress, in Sarah's wedding. She's grown up, into a lovely woman, mother of three, and I'm blessed to read whatever she has to share. Her youngest is still a newborn, and it's precious reading her perspective on the fleeting days with babies under foot.

#3 - Gwen, at Ivy Elizabeth. Her daughter, Ivey, was born just about when Addison was, with many challenges. I'm always encouraged by her faith, strength, transparency whenever I visit her blog. She's one whale of a mommy. Well worth the visit.

#4 - Susie, at Pink Carnation in Bloom, is around the age of my daughters. When I read her blog I'm always impressed at her desire to reflect Christ in her life, marriage, home. She's a real gem. I'd be crazy about her even if she didn't leave so many comments. She's adorable to boot.

#5 - Joan, at Chuckle in the Darkness. If I could meet Joan, I think I'd find her to be the most interesting friend. She works in non-profit, her life is very different than mine, and I like everything I read about her. She's who I'd want to be if I were single, and I'd really like to drive her car.

So who Rocks? Since I've received this, obviously the doors have been flung wide open. Still, here's my take on who is way cooler than I'll ever be:

#1 Michelle, at Between Diapers and Dishes. She lives in Mexico, ministering to the deaf, is about 12 months pregnant. We 'met' through a Beth Moore study last summer, and have stuck together. I'm always impressed at how 'out of the box' her life is.

#2 Toni at A Broad in Athens. I suspect Toni is one of those who was always cool without any effort, without even being aware it existed. Her writing is amazing, and although she doesn't post real often, when she does I savor every bit. She lives close to where I'm going to retire, so eventually she and I will have a margarita together, taking turns swatting the mosquitos.

#3 Beck, at Frog and Toad Are Friends. Marches to the beat of a different drum, which makes her all the more appealing. She's quirky, honest, real. My favorite kind of person.

#4 Mombo at He Thinks I'm funny. I've met her once, liked her immediately, wish I could meet with her weekly to fix all that ails me. She's genuine to the core, funny, smart. She's like the Energizer Rabbit - she just doesn't quit no matter how tough it gets.

#5 Sandra at Diary of a SAHM. This woman can cook! She's the homemaker extraordinaire, a military wife who makes a home out of wherever she lands. Right now she's in the middle of yet another move, so be sure to go say hello. Then copy one of her recipes. She also designs her own blog templates, and that impresses my socks off.

So there you have it - ten great ladies, well worth taking the time to meet. Take your shoes off, sit a spell. You'll be blessed as much as I have been.

Labels:


  posted at 11:05 PM
 





Subscribe in a reader
Past Chats
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008

  • Filed Away Neatly
    Busy Buzz
    Creative License
    Dusty Stuff
    Family Affair
    Girl Talk
    Glimpse of the Heart
    Photo Album
    Silliness
    Slavin' Over the Stove
    The Price is Right

    Search This Blog


    Miscellaneous

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

    About Me


    Name:
    Girl Raised in the South

    I have a deep, abiding love for full octane coffee, sewing, knitting, quilting, reading, cooking, gardening, God and my family - not in that order.

    My Complete Profile

    Family is Everything
  • A Chelsea Morning - Barb
  • And Baby Makes Three - Leslie
  • Creative Worship - Chris
  • Flight Song - Mom
  • In The Midst of It - Sarah
  • At A glance - Krissy
  • In A Moment - Mandy

  • Recent Comments

    Fruit of the Spirit

    Family Friendly


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Powered By Blogger

    Meter by: