Thursday, June 14, 2007
A Whole New Thing, Sort Of....
It's in the process, and the process won't be fast, but I'm changing my blog. After being at it for 14 months, I'm ready to do a few things differently.

First, the name Blessed Beyond Measure became Scratchin' The Surface. When you pull up my blog you'll still see the same name, because I haven't emailed Susie at BlueBird Blogs, but I will. Being one to over-analyze most things in life, I thought about it long and hard. I AM Blessed Beyond Measure, but that doesn't really sum up my life all the time. Sometimes it's full, sometimes I'm sad, sometimes it's complicated and now and then painfully dull. The season I'm at now won't stay for long, so I needed something that would still apply a year or ten down the road, when I still plan to be blogging (I do!).

Scratchin' The Surface says to me that I'm lightly digging into different things. Whatever's on my mind, whatever's going on in life right now. I'm not planning to get real deep, at least not most of the time, and now and then I just feel a bit wild and crazy. So the new title fits me better. And when I'm feeling especially Blessed Beyond Measure I'll post about that too.

I'm still working on a quote, a color scheme, a photo for a new template. After reading posts by my sister, Barb and Laura at Organized Living I'm strongly considering dropping bloglines, and making the majority of my posts with comments disabled. After 14 months, I still love blogging, but the comments - whether it's the ones I receive and try to respond to, or the ones I'd like to leave but simply don't have time for - can make it a heavy chore. Blogging should not be a heavy chore.

So while the titles don't match, and I don't have a new dress on yet, I will. Sometime this summer. I'm leaving in the morning for 12 days of traveling to visit family. I don't plan to even check email, let alone blog. I'm planning to spend some of the time on the plane and in airports looking at fun quotes, photos, etc. Then I'll email Susie and see how long the line is to get one of her beautiful templates to match my new title. My web address is still the same - http://www.grammy55.blogspot.com/ I'll be a grammy til my last breath, so that will stay the same.

Because half the fun is in the planning, then Scratchin' the Surface just a bit. Back in a bit! xoxoxo

Labels:


  posted at 8:22 PM
 





Subscribe in a reader
Past Chats
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008

  • Filed Away Neatly
    Busy Buzz
    Creative License
    Dusty Stuff
    Family Affair
    Girl Talk
    Glimpse of the Heart
    Photo Album
    Silliness
    Slavin' Over the Stove
    The Price is Right

    Search This Blog


    Miscellaneous

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

    About Me


    Name:
    Girl Raised in the South

    I have a deep, abiding love for full octane coffee, sewing, knitting, quilting, reading, cooking, gardening, God and my family - not in that order.

    My Complete Profile

    Family is Everything
  • A Chelsea Morning - Barb
  • And Baby Makes Three - Leslie
  • Creative Worship - Chris
  • Flight Song - Mom
  • In The Midst of It - Sarah
  • At A glance - Krissy
  • In A Moment - Mandy

  • Recent Comments

    Fruit of the Spirit

    Family Friendly


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Powered By Blogger

    Meter by: