Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Fruit of the Spirit

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Trish, at Ordinary Life Artist, let me know some sweet someone out there nominated me for this award. I'm truly honored by this. To read more about this award you can click here.

After she emailed me, as I was driving to the grocery store, I found myself reciting the list from Galatians 5:22: "The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control." I wondered which ones I consistently fail to exhibit. On a good day I don't feel like I show a smattering of most of them, so it's encouraging to know someone else now and then sees glimpses of Him in me. Hebrews 10:24 came to mind: "And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds." I felt "spurred"!

Blogging has many positives that come with it, but for me the bottom line is, just like the rest of my life - am I honoring Him through it? Thank you, whoever you are, for listening, and telling me somehow in my completely ordinary, albeit sometimes-out-of-control life, you saw Him, and not just a crazy lady. xoxoox

If you'd like to nominate someone for this award, here are the rules, listed on Trish's blog:

The "rules" are simple. When selected to receive this graphic, the blog owner (writer) will be notified, most likely by email. If that blogger would like to participate, they should respond to the email indicating their desire to display The Fruit of the Spirit graphic on their blog. The graphic's HTML will be sent to them ~ it should be as easy as copying the HTML from the email I send and pasting it into the blog owner's sidebar.

Once the blogger has posted the graphic in their sidebar, a link to their blog will be posted in the Fruit of the Spirit Blogs list in my sidebar. Every Friday I will post about the blogs that have been nominated and accepted the display of The Fruit of the Spirit graphic that week ("Fruitful Fridays" posts) (Hebrews 10:24; 1Thess 5:5-11).
Me? I'm thinking about who out there has Gentleness showing consistently - I can be patient as the day is long, but Gentleness? That's not likely to make it on my headstone!

Labels:


  posted at 5:05 PM
 





Subscribe in a reader
Past Chats
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008

  • Filed Away Neatly
    Busy Buzz
    Creative License
    Dusty Stuff
    Family Affair
    Girl Talk
    Glimpse of the Heart
    Photo Album
    Silliness
    Slavin' Over the Stove
    The Price is Right

    Search This Blog


    Miscellaneous

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

    About Me


    Name:
    Girl Raised in the South

    I have a deep, abiding love for full octane coffee, sewing, knitting, quilting, reading, cooking, gardening, God and my family - not in that order.

    My Complete Profile

    Family is Everything
  • A Chelsea Morning - Barb
  • And Baby Makes Three - Leslie
  • Creative Worship - Chris
  • Flight Song - Mom
  • In The Midst of It - Sarah
  • At A glance - Krissy
  • In A Moment - Mandy

  • Recent Comments

    Fruit of the Spirit

    Family Friendly


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Powered By Blogger

    Meter by: