Sunday, July 15, 2007
Wedding Memories
Who doesn't love wedding photos? In light of my project list, and the fact that Leslie and I have scheduled a scrapbooking date, I'm starting with Mandy's wedding photos, a manageable number, and just plain fun to look at.

Barb, at Chelsea Morning, will no doubt have a much bigger album to share with you later, but these are what I captured that day, and some of them most definitely won't be shared by her. I was privileged to be there, with my Mom, and share the day with them. It was precious! Mandy is only 27 days older than our middle daughter, Leslie, and they remind me of each other. Tall, slim, a bit quirky, and both school teachers. Perfect way to start, with photos of this gorgeous bride, waiting for it all to begin.


Here's the beautiful bride, waiting for her call to appear.


My Mom, Judith - and my sister, Barb. Don't they both look lovely? Believe it or not, neither of them knew the other was wearing soft beige. Note the pink tulle in front of the photo. The banister was wrapped in it, as was most of the rest of the wedding decor, actually. Mandy L.O.V.E.S. pepto bismal pink.


Barb and I, before the ceremony began. I think we look alike, and she was having a better hair day than me, which was quite fair, it being her daughter's wedding and all. This is a semi-terrible photo, but I didn't take it, obviously. Barb looked beautiful, like the perfect mother of the bride.


Mothers lighting candles. Wasn't that flower girl precious? You can't see the frog that was hopping toward Mom and I, in the front left row. I literally prayed God would make it turn and hop away, and it did. One bridesmaid also saw it, and we exchanged glances the entire ceremony, concerned it would touch one of our bare feet and we'd let loose with a bloodcurdling scream. It stayed the entire ceremony, and afterwards several little boys ran right over, picked it up and checked it out. Of course they did.



Aaron and Barb, after he gave her a white rose. Notice Mandy's wedding ring on her left pinky. I love this photo! Someday Barb's going to have some beautiful red-haired grandchildren, something I've always hoped for.



Beautiful ceremony. Simply beautiful.


Lighting the Unity Candle. As they lit it, I sat and thought of all the times they'll have to choose to stay united, through the storms of life. I believe they will. I prayed they will.


Crazy groomsmen leaving the ceremony. Great way to kick off a reception, literally!


Barb, My Mom, and Barb's best friend in the whole wide world, Peggy. I love this photo, showing all three laughing over some story. Peggy is just the dearest person.


Not that the couple on the left can't dance, but you should have seen this ( engaged) couple on the right. Man, could they tear up the floor. It was such fun to just sit and watch them.


I can't tell you how much I love this photo. Barb's little tush sticking out, the grin on her face. She is blessed to have crazy Peggy as a life-long friend. They were giggling like nobody's business, and danced for several songs. We had one song where Barb, Peggy, Mom and I all shook our bootie, but of course I didn't capture that, because I was busy shakin'. Which may be a good thing that it remained unphotographed, but it sure was a fun moment.



Lovely couple, dancing their special dance, under twinkling white lights. I don't remember what the song was, but we all just sat and oohed and aahed, to see love so displayed.

The beginning of a new life together, with a list of dreams a mile long.

Labels: ,


  posted at 11:00 AM
 





Subscribe in a reader
Past Chats
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008

  • Filed Away Neatly
    Busy Buzz
    Creative License
    Dusty Stuff
    Family Affair
    Girl Talk
    Glimpse of the Heart
    Photo Album
    Silliness
    Slavin' Over the Stove
    The Price is Right

    Search This Blog


    Miscellaneous

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

    About Me


    Name:
    Girl Raised in the South

    I have a deep, abiding love for full octane coffee, sewing, knitting, quilting, reading, cooking, gardening, God and my family - not in that order.

    My Complete Profile

    Family is Everything
  • A Chelsea Morning - Barb
  • And Baby Makes Three - Leslie
  • Creative Worship - Chris
  • Flight Song - Mom
  • In The Midst of It - Sarah
  • At A glance - Krissy
  • In A Moment - Mandy

  • Recent Comments

    Fruit of the Spirit

    Family Friendly


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Powered By Blogger

    Meter by: