Sunday, September 23, 2007
Fall Into Reading 2007
Katrina, over at Callapidder Days, is back at it, encouraging us to read more. Or maybe better put, to be more purposeful in our reading. I'm all about purpose and plans. So with no further ado, here's what I'm stacking next to the bed, from now until December 21, when I'm supposed to have them finished!

FICTION:

Good Grief, Lolly Winston.
Blue Shoe, Anne Lamott
The Time Traveler's Wife, Audrey Niffenegger (this one is highly recommended!)

NON-FICTION

Merle's Dog, Lessons from a Freethinking Dog, Ted Kerasote
Dog-Friendly Dog Training, Andrea Arden
You Are a Dog, Terry Bain
The Case for the Real Jesus, Lee Strobel (hot off the press, highly recommended by Sarah)
Conversation Peace, Mary A. Kassian
Simplify Your Space, Marcia Ramsland (hot off the press)
Surrendered Wife, Laura Doyle
Charlotte Mason Companion (never-ending quest for knowledge!)
Guilt-Free Living, Robert Jeffress. (Thanks, Mom.)
Eat, Pray, Love, Elizabeth Gilbert (recommended by my mother, Judith)

That's it - 13 books, 12 weeks to read them. And go camping, and paint a room or two to prepare for the holidays), and bake, and all the other gazillion things the holiday season brings with it, and rake leaves, and..... I think I can position a book on one hip, turn out cookies and wrap gifts all at the same time, right? Right.

I'm always a little heavy on the non-fiction, but some of them are really FUN books! Some I'll likely skim, and the few fiction I chose looked great to me. My solution to this somewhat lofty goal is to constantly have a book with me, reading whenever I'm stuck in traffic, grocery lines, doctor offices, over a bowl of soup at lunch, in the tub, before I turn out the lights. Some are short. "You Are A Dog" is only 159 pages. Totally doable I think. Of course I also think Diet Coke cancels out a Snickers Bar. If you read more when you're held accountable by someone, run over to Katrina's place and sign up. For me, life's so much sweeter with my nose in a book!

Labels:


  posted at 9:30 PM
 





Subscribe in a reader
Past Chats
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008

  • Filed Away Neatly
    Busy Buzz
    Creative License
    Dusty Stuff
    Family Affair
    Girl Talk
    Glimpse of the Heart
    Photo Album
    Silliness
    Slavin' Over the Stove
    The Price is Right

    Search This Blog


    Miscellaneous

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

    About Me


    Name:
    Girl Raised in the South

    I have a deep, abiding love for full octane coffee, sewing, knitting, quilting, reading, cooking, gardening, God and my family - not in that order.

    My Complete Profile

    Family is Everything
  • A Chelsea Morning - Barb
  • And Baby Makes Three - Leslie
  • Creative Worship - Chris
  • Flight Song - Mom
  • In The Midst of It - Sarah
  • At A glance - Krissy
  • In A Moment - Mandy

  • Recent Comments

    Fruit of the Spirit

    Family Friendly


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Powered By Blogger

    Meter by: