Thursday, October 25, 2007
It Wasn't All Pretty But....
There's no place like home, there's no place like home! Do you hear those red glittery shoes tapping together? I feel just like Dorothy, sans Toto and the blue gingham dress. I went, I stayed, I returned, and we all still love each other. That in itself is amazing. You know the fish and relatives saying and we did that triple times. The only thing that stunk was my tennis shoes, apparently. Can I tell you how thankful I am to have a son-in-law that can not only stand me for nine days, after that he still hugged me goodbye and told me he loved me at the airport, after he totally busted his tail getting me there!

You can go HERE to read Sarah's take about our last 24 hours or so of togetherness. By this time tomorrow reality will have set back in, but for now it feels fabulous to sit here in my family room, sipping a glass of wine, watching the World Series (Yeah Rockies!) looking across the room and see my sweet husband who after 26 years of marriage missed me terribly and knitting my $100 scarf. The cat is traumatized a bit, the dogs are acting like they need a dose of Ritalin, the house is furry since hubby was out of town as much as he was home, the milk is likely rotten, lalalalalla I can't hear you for the fingers stuck in my ears.

Driving home from the airport I caught a glimpse of the trees, in full fall splendor, before the sun set. Glorious! Just like something off a calendar, I'm so thankful I didn't miss it. We almost hit a deer on the drive home, and even that was nice, to see them again.

One of us has a colonoscopy tomorrow (thank God it's not me!) and then we have a hot date, hot because of the spicy food and a pitcher of margaritas, scheduled for tomorrow night to celebrate both of us having that behind us (I love that pun!). So I'll be back in a jif, soon as I defur the house, buy some groceries, pay any bills that are screaming to cut off utilities, and catch up on my real life a bit. There were so many funny stories I didn't share with you, and they're forthcoming! Like Sarah said, we all need to laugh a bit more, and I'm fine with being the butt of a joke, long as it has nothing to do with me having another colonoscopy! Right now I'm just feeling completely content to be here, where I belong, and praying that little family I do so love will get along fine, now that hopefully the worst is behind them too.

We're back there in three weeks, for another ten days, but we won't think about that right now. One day at a time - or manna for today - that's the deal. By then, we'll likely be all about spending time with our sweet family, over a big Turkey dinner, seeing the Texas version of Fall, and taking another look at our proposed retirement spot. Thanks to everyone who prayed for us during my stay, and I'll be fine, but Chris, Sarah and the munchkins, they could likely still use some prayer - they're not quite finished with this latest bit of craziness.

Labels:


  posted at 8:54 PM
 





Subscribe in a reader
Past Chats
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008

  • Filed Away Neatly
    Busy Buzz
    Creative License
    Dusty Stuff
    Family Affair
    Girl Talk
    Glimpse of the Heart
    Photo Album
    Silliness
    Slavin' Over the Stove
    The Price is Right

    Search This Blog


    Miscellaneous

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

    About Me


    Name:
    Girl Raised in the South

    I have a deep, abiding love for full octane coffee, sewing, knitting, quilting, reading, cooking, gardening, God and my family - not in that order.

    My Complete Profile

    Family is Everything
  • A Chelsea Morning - Barb
  • And Baby Makes Three - Leslie
  • Creative Worship - Chris
  • Flight Song - Mom
  • In The Midst of It - Sarah
  • At A glance - Krissy
  • In A Moment - Mandy

  • Recent Comments

    Fruit of the Spirit

    Family Friendly


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Powered By Blogger

    Meter by: