Friday, November 23, 2007
Eight
Dianne at Bunny Trails tagged me for a fun meme, and since I'm too full from eating turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potato casserole, green beans, broccoli salad, rolls and pecan pie to think real hard, or even move much for that matter, this seemed just the thing!

Eight Things I'm Passionate About:

My faith in God, through Christ, nothing else added to it.
My family - everything about them, all of them.
Health - not taking it for granted.
Friendship
Food good enough to be worth the calories
Quality sleep
Not taking life too seriously.
Knitting at least thirty minutes a day

Eight Things to Do Before I Die:

Retire with my husband
Play golf with my father
Take a road trip with my mom and sister
Love on our kids, spoil their kids
Learn to follow when dancing
Figure out the whole shoe thing
Visit Tuscany with my husband
Knit a sweater

Eight Things I Say Often:

For pete's sake
I don't remember......
I'll go to bed earlier tonight
I should have paid more attention in math class
I hate computers
I'll exercise tomorrow
What on earth must God think about .....
Life's too short to fuss over .....

Eight Books I've Read Recently:

Mosaic by Amy Grant
Friendship Factor
Conversation Peace
Safe People
Knitting Books (at least three here!)
Thousand Splendid Suns (currently reading)

Eight Songs I Could Listen to Over and Over:

Sweet Caroline
Groovy Kiud of Love
Anything Josh Groban
Daydream Believer
My Sweet Lord
Theme Song from Sound of Music
Anything off a Chris Tomlin CD
Anything David Crowder Band

Eight Things That Attract Me To My Best Friend

His loyallty
His work ethic
His sense of humor
His quiet and soft-spoken personality
Family is always enough
His servant heart
His love for me is rock solid
After 27 years I still think he's hot stuff

Eight Things I've Learned This Year

Don't take good joints for granted
God is blessing us when we're completely unaware of it
God's in the business of making us holy, not happy. It doesn't always feel so great.
I shouldn't have worried so much over raising kids - they turned out great!
The friendships God intends for me will happen, let them. Go slow.
Honesty is worth it, even when it feels rough sometimes.
A Diet Coke doesn't cancel out a Snickers.
Knitting - the perfect hobby. It'll never take up as much room or cost as much as scrapbooking!

Eight People to Tag:

I don't generally tag specific people, but love to open it up to anyone who stops by here. Leave a comment if you jump in.

Labels:


  posted at 11:06 PM
 





Subscribe in a reader
Past Chats
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008

  • Filed Away Neatly
    Busy Buzz
    Creative License
    Dusty Stuff
    Family Affair
    Girl Talk
    Glimpse of the Heart
    Photo Album
    Silliness
    Slavin' Over the Stove
    The Price is Right

    Search This Blog


    Miscellaneous

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

    About Me


    Name:
    Girl Raised in the South

    I have a deep, abiding love for full octane coffee, sewing, knitting, quilting, reading, cooking, gardening, God and my family - not in that order.

    My Complete Profile

    Family is Everything
  • A Chelsea Morning - Barb
  • And Baby Makes Three - Leslie
  • Creative Worship - Chris
  • Flight Song - Mom
  • In The Midst of It - Sarah
  • At A glance - Krissy
  • In A Moment - Mandy

  • Recent Comments

    Fruit of the Spirit

    Family Friendly


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Powered By Blogger

    Meter by: