Saturday, November 03, 2007
Everyone Wants to Knit, Apparently!
After 183 comments, I went into the Random Number Generator and gave it a twirl, and it came up with Paulette at My Life Shifting. Looking over her blog, sounds like she might enjoy learning to knit.

I did manage to find exactly the same kit I used, at Michaels, so I'll be sending that to Paulette. Girls, being completely honest here, I have to tell you, it was $9.99 (less expensive here than in Texas at Hobby Lobby), and I used my 40% off coupon, so if you'd really like to learn, or give the gift of learning to someone else, it's very affordable and I really did learn using it. It has everything you need except a skein of yarn, which can be had for $1.49. Of course, I also had a personal knitting coach sitting right next to me, and I'd highly recommend, if you do decide to learn, that you find someone who knits more proficiently than you do, so you can run to her when you get stumped. (Thanks, SarBear!)

How's my scarf coming along? Thanks for asking - here's where it's at.



Shaping up nicely I think. I chose something that had knit and purl in it so I would remember both stitches, and decided to make myself something first, so I can keep it to look back at and hopefully see some progress, but also I won't be offended by a missed stitch or two. If I can learn, Paulette can learn, and so can the other 182 of you, give or take a few, who wanted to learn. For the record, a few of you mentioned being left-handed. Knitting isn't either one or the other, it's both, you use both hands, so it makes no difference. I actually use my left hand more because of the style I chose, and I'm right-handed.

I've also got a few secret projects in the works, after going to Knitting Night this week - I bought a beautiful charcoal wool to make my husband a scarf for his stocking, there's a pretty red skein of yarn in my knitting box too. I'm having a blast with it - hope a few of you dive in also. So as they say on Knitty Gritty (DIY), "Knit On!"

Labels: ,


  posted at 2:37 PM
 





Subscribe in a reader
Past Chats
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008

  • Filed Away Neatly
    Busy Buzz
    Creative License
    Dusty Stuff
    Family Affair
    Girl Talk
    Glimpse of the Heart
    Photo Album
    Silliness
    Slavin' Over the Stove
    The Price is Right

    Search This Blog


    Miscellaneous

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

    About Me


    Name:
    Girl Raised in the South

    I have a deep, abiding love for full octane coffee, sewing, knitting, quilting, reading, cooking, gardening, God and my family - not in that order.

    My Complete Profile

    Family is Everything
  • A Chelsea Morning - Barb
  • And Baby Makes Three - Leslie
  • Creative Worship - Chris
  • Flight Song - Mom
  • In The Midst of It - Sarah
  • At A glance - Krissy
  • In A Moment - Mandy

  • Recent Comments

    Fruit of the Spirit

    Family Friendly


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Powered By Blogger

    Meter by: