Friday, December 07, 2007
Cleaning out the Cookbooks....
We rearranged the family room this past weekend, which led to rearranging the living room since we stole furniture from there to go there, and that led to rearranging the eating area of the kitchen, and if you're thinking this is a little like "If You Give A Mouse a Cookie.....", you're exactly right, and thank goodness the only other room on this floor is the bathroom and anything in there is attached to the floor, or I might never stop this nonsense. Who has time to rearrange their entire house this year, and what was I thinking? And yes, I've already read Sidetracked Home Executives. I'm aware of my personality quirks, as is the rest of my family. So where was I?

Oh yeah, I decided to get rid of a bunch of my cookbooks, and wondered if any of my blog girlfriends would like them. None of them are written in, all were purchased new, so you might even like them to give away to someone special on your Christmas shopping list.

Like all of you, I'm a bit pinched for time, so I'm foregoing the whole photo thing - here's what I have:

#1 Maxwell House, Coffee Drinks & Desserts Cookbook - great for having girlfriends over

#2 Pino Luongo La Mia Cucina Toscana (a Tuscan Cooks in America), this is a beautiful cookbook, would make a nice housewarming gift with a good bottle of wine!

#3 AMA Low-Fat, Low-Cholesterol Cookbook, might be a good gift for a parent?

#4 Super Smoothies, 50 Recipes for Helath and Energy, I found I just throw in a carton of yogurt, some banana and call it good, but this has great recipes if you want to fuss. Would be nice if you plan to give a Smoothie Maker to anyone.

#5 365 No Repeats, Rachael Ray, A Year of Deliciously Different Dinners. She drives me a little bit nuts, but the hyper stuff doesn't come across on paper.

#6 Mary Englebreit's Queen of the Kitchen Cookbook, very pretty picture book type of cookbook,would make a nice shower or wedding gift, or Christmas gift for a bride-to-be, accompanied with some cooking utensils.

I'll keep the give-away open til Saturday. If you leave a comment, please let me know which books you'd like to be entered for. I'll send them all out next Monday (weather permitting, I live in snowy Pennsylvania!) by media mail. I'm dating this for Friday evening, so hopefully it will stay at the top of my blog, no time to go in and repost it over and over.

My kitchen looks much better, and one of these may be just what you're looking for. If nothing else they make a good White Elephant gift. xooxxo

Labels:


  posted at 11:59 PM
 





Subscribe in a reader
Past Chats
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008

  • Filed Away Neatly
    Busy Buzz
    Creative License
    Dusty Stuff
    Family Affair
    Girl Talk
    Glimpse of the Heart
    Photo Album
    Silliness
    Slavin' Over the Stove
    The Price is Right

    Search This Blog


    Miscellaneous

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

    About Me


    Name:
    Girl Raised in the South

    I have a deep, abiding love for full octane coffee, sewing, knitting, quilting, reading, cooking, gardening, God and my family - not in that order.

    My Complete Profile

    Family is Everything
  • A Chelsea Morning - Barb
  • And Baby Makes Three - Leslie
  • Creative Worship - Chris
  • Flight Song - Mom
  • In The Midst of It - Sarah
  • At A glance - Krissy
  • In A Moment - Mandy

  • Recent Comments

    Fruit of the Spirit

    Family Friendly


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Powered By Blogger

    Meter by: