Friday, February 01, 2008
New Stuff, Fattening Food and Spring

Does that title announce randomness or what? But look - a new chair for my bedroom! I was surprised to see that the old paint theme would have worked, but of course we're painting it a different color. Of course. I'm going with a soft mocha - it looks a bit like a cup of coffee generous on the creamer. Unfortunately the whole world seems to think houses should be neutral from top to bottom, so when we all buy the neutral houses we can repaint those taupe/linen/blah walls, with wonderful colors like red, kiwi green, or robin's egg blue, bringing back some life to our homes. Which makes me wonder why on earth we have to paint everything neutral but that's another soapbox for another day.

This style of furniture is a stretch for me, very different than anything I've ever bought. It looked like something I'd see in the Pottery Barn catalogue and lately I'd just like to step inside the catalogue and live there. When DH and I married he loved chrome, leather, sleek danish furniture; I was into country blue and bunny rabbits all over the place. Funny how we change with time. I told him we've finally been married long enough that we could keep the apartment the way he had it when I moved in!

I had to order this chair, and was surprised to find out it'd been 'over-ordered' which I think means half the country liked it too. Maybe it goes with all those neutral walls? It finally came in last night. The chair is from Levin's and is called Eggs Marbled, not a very pretty name, but I love this chair! So does the cat, so it should be covered with hair without any delay.

Tomorrow is sleep-in Saturday. When I do finally climb out of bed, it will be to go downstairs just long enough to grab a cup of that coffee generous with the creamer, and head back to this chair for devotions while I slowly slide into the weekend.

BTW - DH told me Superbowl Sunday is the second biggest eating day of the year - did you all know that? At our house we'll be doing all we can to keep that statistic going. There's always Monday for dieting.

And last - maybe nobody else wants to go there, but I've always had it on my list of places to see to go to Punxatawney and watch Phil see his shadow. We live less than 2 hours away, and next year is our last Groundhog Day here in PA, so DH agreed! Finally, after laughing at me for the last 10 years, he told me to go ahead and get the reservation for next year. Believe it or not the hotels fill up and you need to get your reservations almost a year ahead. Me personally - I'm hoping he doesn't see his shadow and that Spring is right around the corner. From the 1/4" of ice on the driveway, then the snow this afternoon, I'd say the chances aren't real good, but we can always hope. I'm beginning to feel ready for daffodils, tulips, forsynthia and such. Until then, I'll stay inside, spending some time in this fabulous chair, sipping coffee while I look at gardening catalogues. Hope everyone out there has a great weekend and that your favorite team wins.

Labels:


  posted at 10:30 PM
 





Subscribe in a reader
Past Chats
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008

  • Filed Away Neatly
    Busy Buzz
    Creative License
    Dusty Stuff
    Family Affair
    Girl Talk
    Glimpse of the Heart
    Photo Album
    Silliness
    Slavin' Over the Stove
    The Price is Right

    Search This Blog


    Miscellaneous

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

    About Me


    Name:
    Girl Raised in the South

    I have a deep, abiding love for full octane coffee, sewing, knitting, quilting, reading, cooking, gardening, God and my family - not in that order.

    My Complete Profile

    Family is Everything
  • A Chelsea Morning - Barb
  • And Baby Makes Three - Leslie
  • Creative Worship - Chris
  • Flight Song - Mom
  • In The Midst of It - Sarah
  • At A glance - Krissy
  • In A Moment - Mandy

  • Recent Comments

    Fruit of the Spirit

    Family Friendly


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Powered By Blogger

    Meter by: