Sunday, May 25, 2008
First Place
First I decided to fix up this house. Then it began to trickle into other areas of my life. Making a daily schedule, working on relationships, taking vitamins, beginning to exercise again, and now it's time to shed some weight. That dreaded ten lbs to be specific.

I'm tall, 5'10" so I can carry weight pretty easily. If you saw me (more than my profile that is) you wouldn't think I need to lose weight. But just like most people, it's been creeping up slowly and surely over the past twenty years, and I'm now at the top of the green BMI numbers. My gyne and primary both told me I'm fine - that I look healthy and strong. Still, I know I'm a bit over what I should be, my cholesterol is likely not the best, so it's time to pay some attention to this area of my life.

I'm a lifetime member of Weight Watchers. You can be over goal and still be Lifetime, trust me. Recently I found a program much like Weight Watchers, but Christ-centered. It's called First Place, you meet with a group of women for a weekly Bible study, weigh in, encouragement and accountability. There is no weekly charge once you buy the materials needed to participate. The next group begins June 3, and I'm signed up to go. In the meantime I've ordered the materials off of Amazon, and am starting early. It's time.

To find out more, you can go here, to their website. If you're able to join a group, I'd recommend that, but if you can't, the materials can be purchased at Amazon for very reasonable prices. Sometimes it's not about looking good in a swimsuit, or shedding weight for some special occasion, but rather just getting your act together in all areas of life. This temple is just a bit pudgy, too many McD's french fries going in, and not enough calories being burned.

I'll let you know how it goes. It seems much more efficient to me to just get it done, get rid of those extra pounds, than to keep putting it on my resolution list.

Labels:


  posted at 8:00 AM
 





Subscribe in a reader
Past Chats
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008

  • Filed Away Neatly
    Busy Buzz
    Creative License
    Dusty Stuff
    Family Affair
    Girl Talk
    Glimpse of the Heart
    Photo Album
    Silliness
    Slavin' Over the Stove
    The Price is Right

    Search This Blog


    Miscellaneous

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

    About Me


    Name:
    Girl Raised in the South

    I have a deep, abiding love for full octane coffee, sewing, knitting, quilting, reading, cooking, gardening, God and my family - not in that order.

    My Complete Profile

    Family is Everything
  • A Chelsea Morning - Barb
  • And Baby Makes Three - Leslie
  • Creative Worship - Chris
  • Flight Song - Mom
  • In The Midst of It - Sarah
  • At A glance - Krissy
  • In A Moment - Mandy

  • Recent Comments

    Fruit of the Spirit

    Family Friendly


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Powered By Blogger

    Meter by: