Thursday, May 15, 2008
Jennifer Anniston envy
After three and a half weeks of having family here with us, or being in another country on vacation, or being with family in Texas helping with a move, or me looking for a home for us, I'm back home.

How do jet-setters do it? Not the logistics of being on the move all the time, dealing with planes and luggage and bills - I know they have people to do that for them. How do they live without that comforting routine of getting out of bed in the morning, sliding your feet across the carpet into your waiting slippers, stumbling down the hall to reach out and grab your favorite coffee cup? Amble outside for the morning paper, and begin to slowly sip that first cup with sleepy eyes and bedhair, how do they NOT do that?

Thank you God, for not making me independently wealthy. I could get used to someone else dealing with luggage and bills and piles of newspapers and rotten vegetables in the fridge drawers, but there is no amount of money that would be worth giving up that deeply comforting feeling of being home, where I belong.

This first morning home, everything in me wants to climb back into my comfy bed, pull the covers up over my head, but I suspect jumping in the shower, throwing in a load of laundry, and sitting down at my desk to sort out bills, emails, etc. will do more to restore my spirit. I'm a creature of routine, so that's what I'll be getting back into today - blessed routine.

There are days I'd really, really like to trade looks with Jennifer Anniston, but she can keep her life. I personally think she's better off without Brad, but her hair is fabulous! Stil, I'm happy to have my life back right now, even the bedhair from sleeping on my own pillow last night.

Labels:


  posted at 8:19 AM
 





Subscribe in a reader
Past Chats
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • December 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • November 2007
  • December 2007
  • January 2008
  • February 2008
  • March 2008
  • April 2008
  • May 2008
  • June 2008
  • July 2008
  • August 2008
  • September 2008
  • October 2008

  • Filed Away Neatly
    Busy Buzz
    Creative License
    Dusty Stuff
    Family Affair
    Girl Talk
    Glimpse of the Heart
    Photo Album
    Silliness
    Slavin' Over the Stove
    The Price is Right

    Search This Blog


    Miscellaneous

    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

    Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

    About Me


    Name:
    Girl Raised in the South

    I have a deep, abiding love for full octane coffee, sewing, knitting, quilting, reading, cooking, gardening, God and my family - not in that order.

    My Complete Profile

    Family is Everything
  • A Chelsea Morning - Barb
  • And Baby Makes Three - Leslie
  • Creative Worship - Chris
  • Flight Song - Mom
  • In The Midst of It - Sarah
  • At A glance - Krissy
  • In A Moment - Mandy

  • Recent Comments

    Fruit of the Spirit

    Family Friendly


    Family Friendly Blogroll []

    Family Friendly Blogroll [-]

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Powered By Blogger

    Meter by: